There are a number of separate charges associated with your surgical procedure. You MAY receive charges from several companies.
- Your surgeon’s office – his/her fee for performing your surgery
- An extended home health care service
Full payment is due prior to your date of service. Please contact your insurance company directly if you experience any delays. You are responsible for guaranteeing payment on your account and being aware of your individual policy restrictions and benefits.
Your insurance company, including Worker’s Compensation, auto (no fault) and personal injury, is legally responsible to you. Our relationship is with you, our patient, not your insurance company. Consequently, all charges incurred are your responsibility. The obligation to assure payment in a timely manner lies with you regardless of what your insurance company chooses to do. You should normally receive a response from your insurance company within 30 days of your date of service. If you experience a delay, it is expected that you contact your insurance company to check the status of your claim and to expedite payment. Please call our Business Office at 570-213-7029 or 570-421-4978 if you encounter a problem with your insurance company and need our assistance.
Pocono Ambulatory Surgical Center’s policy is to turn over to an attorney or collection agency all accounts which are delinquent. You will be responsible for any collection fees that are incurred.
We utilize Penn Billing Penn Credit (717-441-4377) as our collection agency.
Pocono Ambulatory Surgical Center will be as follows:
- Surgeon fees (the payment to the surgeon for his operating fee) – billed by surgeon’s office. You should address all questions regarding this services to the surgeon’s office.
- Anesthesia fee (the payment to the Anesthesia provider for his or her services, monitoring and responsibilities during your surgery) – billed by the Anesthesia provider billing services. Questions regarding your anesthesia bill should be directed to the anesthesia service:
Professional Anesthesia Services of North America, PC
7918 Main St.
P.O. Box 488
Fogelsville, Pa. 18051
- Pathology fee (for handling and diagnosis of any tissue sent from your surgery) – This is billed through HNL Lab Medicine and the respective Pathologist, M.D., involved in the diagnosis. Questions regarding your pathology bill should be directed to:
HNL Lab Medicine
If Pocono Ambulatory Surgery Center (PASC) has not received payment from your insurance carrier within 45 days, a bill will be sent to you and payment will become your responsibility.
We accept assignment of benefits. A bill will be sent to your secondary insurance upon receipt of payment or denial from Select Care. If you have no secondary insurance, a bill will be sent to you for any balance after receipt of payment or denial from Select Care. We must make a copy of each insurance card at the time of registration.
Your copay coinsurance/deductible amount is due before your date of service. We will submit your bill directly to your private insurance company. A bill will be sent to your secondary insurance upon receipt of payment or denial from your primary insurance. If you have no secondary insurance, a bill will be sent to you for any balance after receipt of payment or denial from your insurance company. We must make a copy of each insurance card at the time of registration.
Select Care Coinsurance/Deductible
Your Select Care copay amount is due before your date of service. We will submit your bill directly to Select Care.
You will be contacted prior to your surgery with an estimated procedure cost for your surgery.
Payment in full must be received three business days prior to surgery. We accept cash, credit card or Care Credit.